WHY ARE MEMBERS SO IMPORTANT TO US?
- CHIRLA membership expresses power and shared beliefs.
Membership is a space where people can connect with others and find support.
Members help us create an environment where they feel empowered and part of the community as leaders of change.
- Members pressure those in power for policies that benefit all of us.
Members give us a stronger voice and our dual membership unites us as one family.
Being a dual-member is to be an active participant of change and also an active supporter of our work.
- Members volunteer their time and skills to the movement while supporting programs that serve our community.
Your membership supports CHIRLA and the CHIRLA Action Fund.
Your contribution of $25 helps both organizations work both on the streets and in the halls of power for real representation.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING A CHIRLA MEMBER
We have created three membership options for you, your family and the community, select the one the best suits you:
- Visits the state and national capital to meet with elected officials
- Offers voter education programs
- Take an active role in changing the political landscape at the local, state and federal level
- Plus additional perks and rewards
- Dual ID card for Active Members *
- CHIRLA t-shirt for Active Members
- Discounted notary services
- Alerts on the latest immigration news and actions
- Low-cost legal services
- Classes and workshops
- Student internships
- Volunteer opportunities
- Mentorship program
- Organizing/civic engagement events
- Membership focused events
- METRO fare discount
- Access to bike-sharing program
All Individual Member benefits, plus...
- Discounted family rate (Counts for 3+ memberships)
- $10 membership for additional family members
- Mentorship opportunities
- Discounted tickets to the Annual CHIRLA Gala
- Exclusive access to community and political events
- Tickets to sporting and cultural cultural events (theater, movies and concerts).
When selecting the Family Membership option, please include the names of additional members in the family in the box provided in the form.
All Family Member benefits, plus...
- Workshops/community support
- Invitation to annual community events
- Complimentary "America; I Too" on DVD
- Member email newsletter
- Listing on CHIRLA and CHIRLA Action Fund websites
When selecting the Community Membership option, please include the name of the business or institution in the box provided in the form.
* Active members are those who attend a minimum of three activities (workshops, meetings, social events). All members are encouraged to become active and then receive a CHIRLA photo ID. Dual ID cards identify members as CHIRLA and CHIRLA Action Fund supporters.
For further details on Membership see Terms and Conditions.