POSITION: Call Center and Data Manager
SALARY: Based on experience TYPE: Regular Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Civic Engagement
START: March 2016
CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION: Open until filled
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1986 to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants and refugees in Los Angeles. As a multi-ethnic coalition of community organizations and individuals, CHIRLA aims to foster greater understanding of issues that affect immigrant communities, provide a neutral forum for discussion, and unite immigrant groups to more effectively advocate for positive change.
CHIRLA’s programs include coalition-building and convening of organizations, advocacy around issues affecting immigrants and refugees, community education, service provision and technical assistance, and organizing and leadership development for immigrant workers and youth.
The Call Center and Data Manager is responsible for leading the day to day oversight of our call center and managing various data across the organization. Our call center is designed but not limited to run electoral campaigns, patch through calls to different elected officials, and membership recruitment. The Call Center and Data Manager will hire, prepare, and supervise up to 45 call center operators through various campaign cycles. In addition, the Call Center and Data Manager will help manage calls, voter and membership data. Reports and report backs from the various data will be given to the Director of Civic Engagement as needed. This requires an individual who is able to manage several program deliverables throughout the year, be impact driven, engage individuals, and be able to do fast turnaround projects.
- Staff and manage CHIRLA’s Call Center operations for both issue and civic engagement campaign purposes
- Recruit, train, and develop call center operators for maximum impact on predictive dialing campaign
- Main contact with third-party vendors such as Five9 for call center services
Produce timely reports, timesheets, and invoices related to campaign performance and call center operations
- Participate in campaign-related meetings and ad-hoc committees
- Coordinate with organizing staff for volunteer and member engagement opportunities
- Assist in implementation of civic engagement campaign activities
- Deliver campaign message through voter contact program
- Report daily and weekly tallies on voters called, reached, and identified as supporters in phoning activities
- Ensure accurate and current record keeping for all civic engagement, including membership data
- Participate in daily debriefs and reporting around messaging, evaluation, and progress to date
- Turn in time-sheets and other administrative materials according to deadlines assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish) additional languages a plus
- Some supervisorial experience required
- Experience working in a call center setting
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Salesforce, Microsoft Word and Excel,
PDI, VAN and other databases, and willingness to learn other needed computer programs.
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant and worker rights and CHIRLA mission
- Energy and enthusiasm on CHIRLA’s values based electoral campaign
- Attend mandatory trainings as needed
- Able to work weekend and evening hours as needed by the work.
- Ability to have positive working relationship with CHIRLA staff, members and allies
Subject Line should read: CHIRLA Electoral & Membership Field Organizer
To apply by mail send materials to: Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
Attn: Human Resources
2533 W. 3rd St., Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90057
To apply by fax send materials to: Fax: (213) 353-1344