POSITION: Call Center Phone Operator
TYPE: Temporary Regular Part-time
REPORTS TO: Call Center and Data Manager
START: May 3rd thru June 7, 2016
WORK SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday: 4-8pm; Saturday: 10am-3pm; subject to change
CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION: April 15, 2016
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1986 to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants and refugees in Los Angeles. As a multi-ethnic coalition of community organizations and individuals, CHIRLA aims to foster greater understanding of issues that affect immigrant communities, provide a neutral forum for discussion, and unite immigrant groups to more effectively advocate for positive change. CHIRLA’s programs include coalition-building and convening of organizations, advocacy around issues affecting immigrants and refugees, community education, service provision and technical assistance, and organizing and leadership development for immigrant workers and youth.
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA) is seeking motivated individuals to work as phone operators as part of our Electoral Campaign.
- Contact voters over the phone on given values-based electoral campaign;
- Identify given number of voters that support CHIRLA’s values campaign over the next weeks;
- Report daily and weekly tallies on total voters called, reached, and identified as supporters;
- Participate in daily debriefs and reporting around messaging, evaluation, and progress to date;
- Turn in time-sheets and other administrative materials according to deadlines assigned;
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills over the phone
- Computer literacy: word processing, internet navigation, and other work-related applications
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant and worker rights and CHIRLA mission
- Energy and enthusiasm on CHIRLA’s values based electoral campaign
- Attend mandatory trainings as needed
- Ability to have positive working relationship with CHIRLA staff, members and allies
- Previous experience is a plus.
Subject Line should read: CHIRLA Phone Operator
To apply by mail send materials to: Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
Attn: Human Resources
2533 W. 3rd St., Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90057
To apply by fax send materials to: Fax: (213) 353-1344